Senior Network Administrator
Work Location: Houston, TX
Responsible for planning, evaluation, design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting TrustComm network infrastructure to meet and improve the efficiency of the organization’s business and security requirements. Manages network IT resources, concentrating on securing networks in the DoD CMMC and DFARs environment. Reporting to Snr. Director Engineering the role will participate as a subject matter expert in the development, deployment and support of voice and data network solutions for the TrustComm global network architecture. Provide security engineering and assistance to the FSO for implementing CMMC, DFAR, NIST 800-53 and FOCI compliance.
- Perform hands-on, day-to-day administration of the network infrastructure, including reviewing logs, physical inspections, testing for vulnerabilities, solving security issues, and maintaining documentation.
- Lead discovery process to research, plan, design, implement, maintain, and upgrade local and wide area network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, access points, gateways, VPNs, DNS servers, DHCP servers, clustering solutions, and related hardware, software, services, email security, and web protocols.
- Maintain inventories of all networking equipment and software licenses, including replacement schedules and disposal of equipment.
- Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
- Design, write, and update network documentation and network diagrams.
- Work closely with management, IT Support and System Administration teams to develop and implement network and software standards, updates, maintenance and patching.
- Design, document, practice, and provide support for network disaster recovery.
- Design and implement Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) alongside our lead systems engineers with a specialized focus on cloud based capabilities.
- Lead efforts in auditing and maintaining Identity and Access Management (IAM) including Active Directory (AD), and various other SaaS and Cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Interface with employees, technical staff, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing.
- Work closely with the Information Security Manager to craft and build security infrastructure to support a variety of workplace environments such as offices, data centers and cloud.
- Work closely with the Information Security Manager to develop and optimize firewall security policy from centralized management platform to reduce risk of cybersecurity incidents.
- Work closely with Information with the implementation of Risk Management Framework, CMMC, and DFARs controls across all company networks and platforms.
- Collaborate with critical stakeholders and technical teams to continuously improve the security posture of the organization’s infrastructure.
- Research and design hardware and software Proofs of Concept for new and emerging technologies that further organization’s strategic mission.
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop safeguards for CUI and PII and maintain requirements in accordance with DoD compliance standards.
- Assist Global Data Security Manager and IT Support Manager in researching, designing and implementing Endpoint Protection policies and software, such as Anti-Virus packages.
- Author training materials and provide troubleshooting procedures to IT Support personnel for first-line network issues.
- Develop and provide training to TrustComm IT staff on IT issues, new tools, policy or process changes.
Job Level Requirements
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Azure and AWS platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Teams, Skype and/or Zoom.
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives.
- Must have the ability to relay technical information to non-technical individuals and the ability to interact with end users to determine or diagnose network and security issues.
- Strong working knowledge of desktop operating systems including Windows OS, Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS.
- Strong working knowledge of server and networking hardware repair and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of network security engineering.
- Strong knowledge of authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event that services are required to cover sick/vacation; may be required to work maintenance windows and/or shift work at nights and weekends for unplanned or scheduled outages.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.
- 7+ years of experience or directly related training; or demonstrated mastery of subject matter.
- Experience administering Windows, AD, exchange, O365
- Experience with NIST 800-53 controls implementation and management.
- Experience with FOCI
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Azure and managing VMWare a plus.
- Experience managing network functions via Windows Server, DHCP, DNS, AD Certificate Services and Active Directory.
- Experience with administering Security Information and Event Management systems
- Experience configuring and managing firewalls.
- Experience managing Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- Experience and ability in managing Linux servers.
Nice to Have Experience
- CMMC, DFARs and RMF implementation
- Comfortable with Linux. Servers, Hyper Visors, Azure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- Security + preferred
- Cisco CCNP preferred
- Microsoft MCP preferred (administrator, data engineer, solutions architect, security engineer)
TrustComm is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, TrustComm delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
TrustComm provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, TrustComm’s unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
if interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.